Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sajid Khan dedicates ¡®Housefull¡¯ to seven directors

Sajid Khan Sajid Khan dedicates Housefull to seven directorsSajid Khan is dedicating his second directorial venture “Housefull” to the seven filmmakers who have inspired him the most.


“It came to me in a flash this week that there are many directors to whom I owe my career as a filmmaker. I short-listed the seven directors who have made the maximum impact on me. And I’ll be putting in a credit card thanking them in ‘Housefull’,” Sajid told IANS.


“I had dedicated my first film ‘Heyy Babyy’ to all the girls (including Dia Mirza and Malaika Arora) who agreed to make guest appearances in the title song,” added the director.


The seven inspirational directors are Manmohan Desai, Hrishikesh Mukherjee, K. Raghvendra Rao, K. Bappaiah, Narendra Bedi, Prakash Mehra and Blake Edwards.


“These are the directors who have most inspired me, provoked me into becoming a movie director. I love masala movies. And these directors made the films I can never get tired of watching.”


Sajid is aware some names would surprise people.


“But I feel someone like Narendra Bedi who made ‘Jawani Diwani’ and ‘Adalat’ shaped our commercial cinema. Both me and my sister Farah are hardcore commercial directors,” he said.


Though Farah has started directing her film “Tees Maar Khan”, Sajid is keeping as far away as possible from his sister’s project.


“I haven’t read her script. She hasn’t read mine. Though we’d give our lives for one another, we’re two different individuals. She is extroverted. I am more into myself. I like to spend my evenings alone at home watching films every evening.”


Sajid’s greatest joy these days is exchanging Bollywood trivia with Boman Irani.


“Boman and Viveck Vaswani are the most knowledgeable movie people I know. Add me to the list. If Boman was not an actor, I’d still be friends with him just to share movie info with him,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment